As you all know, in the fitness world everyone says that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Because breakfast is my favorite meal, I thought of writing about 5 reasons why breakfast is important.
Eating in the morning is just a matter of habit. Taking 10 minutes to make and eat some nutritious food in the morning can be simple. Fresh fruits, oatmeal, whole grain bread with low-fat cheese, or hard-boiled eggs are just some of the quick and nutritious breakfast options, which will not take much of your time, however, can make a great difference in your health, mood, and looks.
Choosing nutritious options for breakfast is important for achieving optimal health.
Protein, Fiber and Whole Grains are the keys for breakfast that will keep you energized and sharp throughout the day.
- Protein in the morning will jump-start your metabolism and make you feel fuller longer helping to avoid those mid-morning temptations and cravings.
- Fiber from fruits, vegetables, and whole grains is important for digestion. Men should consume 38 grams per day and women should get 25 grams, including soluble and insoluble fiber. Three grams of soluble fiber in the diet can have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- Many breakfasts are full of carbohydrates, so this is the perfect time to make those whole-grain choices. Whole grains are rich in the B vitamins thiamine, riboflavin and niacin, which provide energy. To keep you marching through your day.
5 reasons you should eat breakfast
- Starting your morning with breakfast will boost your metabolism and keep your blood sugar levels stable during the day.
- A morning meal helps energize your body, keeping you active and productive until lunch.
- A nutritious breakfast reduces the risk of overeating and cravings later in the day.
- Eating breakfast has been associated with a lower incidence of heart disease.
- A morning meal is necessary not only for your body but for the brain as well. Eating a nutritious breakfast helps improve your concentration and productivity.